Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Just Ordered!


A thousand mile journey begins with a new hybrid car! 600 miles a TANK! Hey, in CT our gas is $4.39 even today. Mark and I have evolved so much over the years. I attribute our becoming more aware of what's important in life to the kids' situation (that'll make you drop your vanity fast) and having lost a job twice in our marriage. The first time just about wiped us out. The second time was brief, thank God, but even more frightening, since we knew first hand how long it can take to get back on track, and our cushion was about as cushy as an Olsen twins' behind. Many of you helped me through that time. And I'm still grateful every day for your support.


Mark always had a company car - then he went to work for a German company and got a beautiful, sleek "dig me!" car. (When I was a 20-something hanging out in Newport RI, we used to call the guys who preened, "Dig Me's") A shiny black BMW. It purred. It growled. It turned heads. It cost a fortune....


We also had a McMansion in Ohio (really affordable, I have to say) with over 3000 square feet, 3.5 baths, gorgeous curb appeal, finished basement, 3 car garage. Now we live in the BEST house we've ever had. And I mean it. I can feel that it's our home. It's a 3 bedroom ranch. Two bathrooms, no powder room (1 less toilet for Bella to seek out!) in a pleasant neighborhood in the heart of town. It has a gorgeous kitchen, beautiful pool (such a luxury for the kids!) spa-like master bath, large bedrooms for the girls and while pretty from the curb, does not scream, "We've arrived!" Guess what. I arrived in 1963. I have no need to prove it further.
Life. Is. Good.
Come on over when the Prius arrives. We can go for a spin!






17 comments:

pixiemama said...

If you're happy enough to say:
Life. Is. Good. (and not have to buy gear that proclaims it - like me, haha)...
You HAVE arrived.
I'm very happy for your family. Now tell me, you'll still have to haul the girls around in a minivan, right?

Niksmom said...

this makes me smile today. i've been in a priority-sorting mode lately and this resonates. might have to look into one of those babies when niksdad starts his grad program (a year or so down the road); it's out of state and we can't move right now! *sigh*

LOL my word verification: mpgcrx how fuelish!

Anonymous said...

good luck getting a prius

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/11/where-are-all-those-priuses/#more-482

Anonymous said...

"Guess what. I arrived in 1963. I have no need to prove it further."

Touche' Kim!

BTW: I'm a tad bit earlier model who's starting to feel a bit rusty under the hood.

Know of any Pool Boy type mechanics hanging around you neck of the woods?

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

This is CT - blue state! Plenty of Priuses (Prii?) on the road and available to buy. It may take a couple of months, but we have time. You see the Prius EVERYWHERE here. Kind of like a Surburban in Texas.

And yes, I still have the Dodge Grand Caravan....

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Kelli - fat PB or the hottie? Hardy har har!

Amanda said...

Kim is happy! I'm happy, and all I need to know is how do you have 0.5 bath? We're currently trawling through bathroom suppliers right now for the extension and the more I look the worse it gets so to find there's a half bath option AS WELL doesn't really help!

Anyway, Kelli-ann, how do you fancy a hot Eastern European builder? I have half naked men in my garden and they aren't my husband!

The Anti-Wife said...

Kim,
You haven't arrived. You were always there.

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda, where do you live??

And Kim, are you kidding?? Ahhhh, I don't think Reuben was EVER on my list of *legit* PB's.

But remember, it's no longer PB's that interest me -- it's mechanics.

Anonymous said...

After all, summer is soooo passe'!

Amy said...

How bizarre - we just ordered our double wide, triple long, dual V12 engine Suburban. Let's race! Ha ha just kidding - congrats on the new car. I *love* getting a new car!

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Oh Amy I KNEW Texas would chime in! :)

Amanda said...

Kelli Ann, Highland Scotland may be a bit of a trip for you even for a hot builder...

Michelle O'Neil said...

So happy that you are in a beautiful home that you feel good in.

Your Ohlson twin comment...too funny!

BTW....Plenty of us dig you. Car or no car.

Tyhitia Green said...

Life is good. And I'm glad you're back on track. :-) My life is changing too. Look at my latest post. :-)

Anonymous said...

Happiness is low overhead!

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Anon, I wish! Our home in CT (which we rent) costs several hundred more a month than our house in Ohio did - mortgage and all! Low overhead? Only in the cellar! :)